Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes U no longer works since the update, an error message pops up saying that "This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes." I followed the tutorial that suggests to change to from 64 to 32 bit and it didn't work

iTunes U video files no longer work on my computer since i update to Mavericks. The following message appears on the screen "This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes." I followed a tutorial that suggested to go to Applications/iTunes/Get Info and change to 32 bit. Now my iTunes does not open at all, it says it requires 64 bit. I am a bit confused and disappointed. What should I do to get it fixed? Buy a new MacBook?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 10:41 AM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2014 2:20 PM in response to MarcelloGoiaba

Marcello, I am having the same problem. When following the advice of many in the community to start iTunes in 32-bit mode, I get the following error after I have done so:

User uploaded file

I am running 10.9.2 on a mac mini.

User uploaded file

I am hoping this will be fixed or at least a solid answer could be given that iTunes will no longer support certain types of media going foward.

My iTunes U no longer works since the update, an error message pops up saying that "This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes." I followed the tutorial that suggests to change to from 64 to 32 bit and it didn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.