Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone ever had a stranger appear in their itune library? Suddenly I am sharing my library with "Adam" I have no idea who this is.

Has anyone ever had a stranger appear in their itunes library? Suddenly I am sharing a library with "adam". I have no idea who this person is. Have I been hacked?

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 11:37 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2014 7:49 PM in response to turingtest2

I just noticed the same thing and thought I was hacked. Yes, I am on a public network. It's a hotel network. I have sharing turned off, but this guy's library is still there. Any idea how to shut it off? Just because I can see his, can he see my library as well?

And I just found the answer. Under preferences in the General Tab, under the show category uncheck the box for 'Shared Libraries' that should get the stranger's name to disappear.

Has anyone ever had a stranger appear in their itune library? Suddenly I am sharing my library with "Adam" I have no idea who this is.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.