Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to GB 10.0.2 it Freezes in Mavericks

Have Mavericks 10.9.2

Installed GB 10.0.2

Tracks now freeze every time I click a track option - volume, mute, etc. The entire program then freezes and I have to force quit. Using the old version for now...but would love the new one to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it behaves the same.

Any help?

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 1:53 PM

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it behaves the same.

Have you checked, if this error could be caused by a corrupted project? Does the same happen, if you hold the options-key ⌥ down, while clicking the GarageBand icon to launch GarageBand? If GarageBand works well on a new project, stop using the old project and recreate it.

Are you using any plug-ins or drivers, that might be incompatible with the new GarageBand? See this document: GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins

Do you have enough free disk space?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2014 1:53 PM in response to metalmaryz

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it behaves the same.

Have you checked, if this error could be caused by a corrupted project? Does the same happen, if you hold the options-key ⌥ down, while clicking the GarageBand icon to launch GarageBand? If GarageBand works well on a new project, stop using the old project and recreate it.

Are you using any plug-ins or drivers, that might be incompatible with the new GarageBand? See this document: GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins

Do you have enough free disk space?

Updated to GB 10.0.2 it Freezes in Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.