Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle 4th/5th Gen not remembering last play position

As the title says, my iPod shuffle is not remembering the last play position. I'm thinking this is an iTunes bug as I've already exchanged the iPod for another one and it did not fix the problem. Here's the original post that I can't "unsolve":

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6008138?answerId=25280936022#25280936022

iPod shuffle, Other OS, 4th/5th Gen 2GB Space Gray

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 8:01 AM

I've figured this out through trial and error. It's a bug/conflict with the song fade-out feature when turning off the shuffle and the feature where it pauses songs when the headphones are pulled from the jack.

SOLUTION:

Wait 3 seconds from the time you turn off the device before removing the headphones from the jack to have the correct play position retained.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2014 8:01 AM in response to _z_

I've figured this out through trial and error. It's a bug/conflict with the song fade-out feature when turning off the shuffle and the feature where it pauses songs when the headphones are pulled from the jack.

SOLUTION:

Wait 3 seconds from the time you turn off the device before removing the headphones from the jack to have the correct play position retained.

iPod Shuffle 4th/5th Gen not remembering last play position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.