Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad was charging just fine for a couple of years, now it takes up to 24 hours just to get to 30%. It loses 1% every few minutes and even loses while I have it plugged in.

iPad was charging just fine for a couple of years Within the last couple of days it takes up to 24 hours just to get to 30%. When unplugged it loses 1% every few minutes and even loses while I have it plugged in. I've used the given usb cable. I've used different usb cables. It's been the same before and after the latest iOS update.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 2:17 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2014 2:24 PM in response to Charlynn61

Your battery is probably going bad. Try a little troubleshooting first...

Try cleaning out the iPads charging port... might be a lot of lint in there.

Try a Reset by pressing the home and sleep buttons until you see the Apple logo. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding and you won't lose any data or settings.

If still a problem restore with your backup.

If still a problem restore as new, i.e. without your backup. See how it runs with nothing synced to it.

If still a problem, it's likely a hardware issue, i.e. battery.

iPad was charging just fine for a couple of years, now it takes up to 24 hours just to get to 30%. It loses 1% every few minutes and even loses while I have it plugged in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.