Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange Mac OSX Log In Window

Hey guys,

I have a question. Just a little while ago, I turned on my Macbook Pro (10.6.8). I hardly ever log out of my account and I'm the only user on my computer. When my computer started up, it brought me to a log in window. It looked like a traditional log in screen, except that my name wasn't in Apple's system font (I think their system font is something like Helvetica), it was in a round typeface, sort of like Gotham Light. After typing in my password correctly, it didn't reject me OR bring me to my desktop—it just brought me back to the log in window. I did this two or three times before I shut my computer down. When I turned it back on, I was brought directly to my desktop without any log in process.

I was curious if this has ever happened to anyone before, or any sort of log in window bugs in general? If not, do you feel that it's a security issue?

Let me know!

—Angela

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 2:44 PM

1 reply

Strange Mac OSX Log In Window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.