Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to able to print a pdf that is locked. It has fields to fill in but then to save a copy I need to "print" to PDF not save as a pdf because that is not an option with the document. Is there a way to do this?

The PDF has fields to fill in but then to save a copy I need to "print" to PDF not save as a pdf because that is not an option with the document. Is there a way to do this? HELP!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 2:44 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2014 3:11 AM in response to SOssowicz

Sorry I thought was just a one off, it would be no use for large volumes.

Do you not have this avaiable in the print menu in Preview with these documents?

User uploaded file

I have also found a link on the Adobe web site that discusses that this facilty is enabled by the creater of the PDF.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/X/pro/using/WS58a04a822e3e50102bd61510979419 5ff-7e0d.w.html

If you do a web search there are various claims on how to save a protected PDF, I have'nt a way to test the proceedures. I would want a copy of any forms that I sent off, not sure why they protect them in this way, there must be a reason.

I need to able to print a pdf that is locked. It has fields to fill in but then to save a copy I need to "print" to PDF not save as a pdf because that is not an option with the document. Is there a way to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.