Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts not displaying more than 100 episodes and not syncing properly

Ok. So I want to load up my ipod touch (4th gen with the latest available iOS version for that, I beleive it's ios 6.1.6) before I go to the states for a vacation. I want to have more than 100 episodes per podcast (1 in particular has 102 podcast episodes that are particularly funny) so I can listen to them without streaming them. I also want to be able to sync their playcounts between my iTunes library and my iPhone 4S with iOS 7. Doesn't have to be over the cloud, but that'd be nice anyway. You'd think that'd work right? Not so hard, even if I had to plug in my iPhone and iPod to my computer. Not a big deal. WRONG. It doesn't work, it removes podcast episodes if I add more than 100 every time I try and sync the downloaded podcasts on my iPod to my PC. Not even just deletes them and I could still stream them no I have go into the "add old episodes" section and re add them, and then it deletes them again! This is mind blowingly frustrating, Does anybody know of a way to fix this, or a way work around this and still be able to sync with iTunes? I've had problems with podcasts in the past, I found out that it does not sync playcounts or progress if you just stream the podcasts (which I thnk is very dumb, but not much I can do). So. Anybody know how to get around this problem?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, 4th Generation

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 2:42 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2014 3:39 PM in response to 5centsable

Update: I unchecked automatically include all unplayed episodes and it's made it worse! Now it's removing even more of these specific episodes every time I try and sync with my library. This is very odd, because I have sync podcasts checked, and I have every single one of the podcast episodes checked in the sync menu thingy. what is going on? It seems to not be affecting my iPhone, since that is syncing most what i've watched fine, without even connecting to the PC.

Podcasts not displaying more than 100 episodes and not syncing properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.