Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO RECOVER MY EMPTIED TRASH

I accidentally deleted the 'all images' file, trying to open up more space on my laptop. However, my external hard drive was connected and thus, my laptop deleted all my images off of there too. I know there are apps I can buy that will recover my photos, but I was hoping for a less expensive way. The photos are very important to me and I did not save them anywhere else. Please help! Thanks.

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 4:23 PM

audbot3 wrote:

I know there are apps I can buy that will recover my photos, but I was hoping for a less expensive way.

There is not a less expensive way, but just more expensive (using a professional retrieval service). You will have to decide the worth of the data. While you are in the decision making process, STOP using the MBP. Data is only gone when trashed data has been overwritten. Most if not all of this can be retrieved, but not necessarily in the same format as when you stored them.

Ciao.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2014 4:23 PM in response to audbot3

audbot3 wrote:

I know there are apps I can buy that will recover my photos, but I was hoping for a less expensive way.

There is not a less expensive way, but just more expensive (using a professional retrieval service). You will have to decide the worth of the data. While you are in the decision making process, STOP using the MBP. Data is only gone when trashed data has been overwritten. Most if not all of this can be retrieved, but not necessarily in the same format as when you stored them.

Ciao.

HOW TO RECOVER MY EMPTIED TRASH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.