Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to Windows 8.1 before upgrading to Bootcamp 5.1. Now I can't install BootCamp 5.1 on Windows 8.1, or update the drivers. What do I do?

Back in the day, I used Boot Camp assistant to install Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro (15").

Since then, I've upgraded to Windows 8, and more recently Windows 8.1.

Howeve, I never once updated Boot Camp. After upgrading to Windows 8.1, I've been unable to run Boot Camp, nor install drivers on the Windows side (preventing me from controlling brightness/sound buttons), nor can I use the trackpad except for point and click (not even right click).

My question is, how do I get Boot Camp 5.1 onto Windows 8.1 now? When I try to do it, it gives me an error message with "You must install this software on Windows 7."

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 3:11 PM

There are no replies.

I upgraded to Windows 8.1 before upgrading to Bootcamp 5.1. Now I can't install BootCamp 5.1 on Windows 8.1, or update the drivers. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.