Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't Firefox load my home page?

Firrfox will not load my home page. Safari and chrome both load it fine.My homepage is www.yahoo.com. It will allow me to log in to my yahoo.mail account but not home page?

MacBook Pro, Mavericks osx 10.9.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 3:43 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2014 8:17 AM in response to Mac lover809

Yes, I cleared all history before it happened. then I shut it down 2 or 3 times and finally it loaded my home page. but to add to the problem , this morning it shut down Firefox without any warning. this maverick osx has brought on a new set of problems. Anyway for now i'm using safari for the web and waiting for apple to fix all the problems with this new OSX Mavericks . thx for responding rack0 tack0.

Mar 27, 2014 8:45 AM in response to Mac lover809

It is nothing systemic with Mavericks. I have a Yahoo home page and it works perfectly with FireFox.

It's possible that you have some FF add-ons that were not upgraded to a newer version when Mavericks was released--that is quite common. It is the job of the add-on developers to keep up with the major OS developments, not the other way around.

Open FF and do Tools > Add-ons. See if any extensions, appearance add-ons, or plug-ins show that an update is available.

Another thing that can cause grief are the various anti-virus and "I'll Clean Your Mac" programs being foisted upon Mac users. They can play havoc with browsers. Have you installed any? I hope not!

If these do not help, I sugest you try FireFox support:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox

Why won't Firefox load my home page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.