Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display problems on my Mac mini

I recently upgraded my Mac mini to OSX Mavericks 10.9.2. On my Dell monitor, there appears to be a 'black border' surrounding the desktop instead of it fully fitting to screen. I've looked in System Preferences but there isn't the Underscan slider for me to maually scale the display, but when I connect it to my LG TV, this 'Underscan' option is available. Prior to upgrading to Mavericks, it was perfect. I'm just wondering if the display settings have changed in Mavericks and if people have had the same problem.

Thanks

Previous OSX was Mountain Lion

Connection = VGA - HDMI in

Monitor = Dell U2312HM

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 6:17 PM

I have two (2) AOC2269W 22" LCD HD monitors, and with the proper video chip, they will fill all but the outermost 3/16 of the display.

Unfortunately, I've never seen this, because of the Intel HD4000 chip in my late 2012 Mini, which isn't supported for the full screen display. That was with Mt. Lion and Mavericks.

5 replies

Mar 26, 2014 8:59 PM in response to MichaelBrass

That Monitor supports VGA, DVI-D and DisplayPort input.

User uploaded file

VGA is analog and is only supported using a Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter connected to the Mac Mini's combo Thunderbolt/Mini DisplayPort.

You best connection with that Monitor would be either a,

Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable connected to the Mac Mini's combo Thunderbolt/Mini DisplayPort.

Or the Apple Supplied HDMI to DVI adapter and a good DVI-D cable connected to the Mac Mini's HDMI port.

Display problems on my Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.