Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bundled applications install failed. It asked for my password , accepted it and then failed.

Erased, reloaded operating system with no problems. But the bundled applications install failed for unknown reason. It asked for my password and appeared to accept it. Then started to install but very quickly gave a failed for unknown reasons box. If you put in the wrong password it tells you the password is incorrect so it does not seem to be a password issue.

Any advice ? Thanks!!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Erased, reloaded op system

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 7:53 PM

I seem to remember in the wad of Updates there is an Installer Update. Try running at least that one first.

THEN try to install the Bundled Applications.

If no joy, try the 10.6.8 Update -- by itself, it is really big.

Don't just let them all Install at once -- that does not seem to correlate with success.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2014 7:53 PM in response to shadfield51

I seem to remember in the wad of Updates there is an Installer Update. Try running at least that one first.

THEN try to install the Bundled Applications.

If no joy, try the 10.6.8 Update -- by itself, it is really big.

Don't just let them all Install at once -- that does not seem to correlate with success.

Bundled applications install failed. It asked for my password , accepted it and then failed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.