Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp partition not showing in startup disk or when holding alt key

I've read countless discussions about similar questions to this one, however, I still haven't been able to find any solution.

I have an old 2006 MacBook that has just been fully updated and reformatted. I'm running OSX 10.7.5 and Boot Camp 4.

I went through the Boot Camp installation from an Windows ISO image in my usb drive, where it succesfully downloaded all files needed, and prompted me to make the partition, after which it restarted and was supposed to take me to the installation manager in the Windows partition. I first got the "No bootable driver" error, to which I read I was supposed to restart the computer, hold the alt key, and choose the boot camp partition. However, it does not show up. I only get Mac and Recover drivers.

I went into the Mac's startup disk, and only the Mac driver is showing, no Boot Camp driver, however, when I go into Disk Utilities, I can see that the BootCamp driver there.

I read somewhere that I should zap pram and reset SMC, which I did with their instructions. It didn't change anything, I still only get the Mac driver and Recovery when hitting the alt key.

Does it have something to do with my MacBook being older? That's the only reason I can think that would not allow me to do this.

Let me know what other info I can give you so that you can please help me!! Thanks in advance!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 7:00 PM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2014 7:33 PM in response to scsmecu

In last resort I solved my missing BOOTCAMP partition problem using a program called: iPartition from coriolis systems located in the United Kingdom http://www.coriolis-systems.com/iPartition.php it took me a coupleof days to figure out the credit card system they have Hint: use your 9 digit zip code to find your credit card address and call your bank if you have an overseas hold on the card!!!! The program found my missing BOOTCAMP partition and restored it. It did take a couple of e-mails to learn to use their program. Let me know how you turn out!

Boot Camp partition not showing in startup disk or when holding alt key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.