Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got this message when saving photo from Iphone4s to my laptop's folder. "The device attached to the system is not functioning" What can I do?

I cannot save photo to my deskstop. When I copy to my folder, it indicated "The device attached to the system is not functioning". I don't update my IOS to the latest version in case my photo from my iphone will be missing. Please help. Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 11:29 PM

14 replies

Oct 25, 2014 7:12 AM in response to ctt36

The Only thing I could do to save my pictures on my computer was to send them via Facebook chat to myself, send them one by one then on your computer open then and dragging them is way faster than right-click Save As. I just did that and I do not want to reset my phone so I guess I will continue doing this as I get more pictures or until I feel like resetting my phone. I believe this issue happens when you Connect and while transfering one or more file from one end to another, and you suddenly disconnect the iPhone or any apple divece, the file that wasnt completely transfered gets corrupted and I guess the whole /Picture/Video folder or perhaps the whole device gets corrupted as well. I am sure that this is a cause to this issue but I do not know if there are other causes or if the same one happened to you.

How to prevent this from happening again?

Always go to iTunes and click on "Eject" under your device tab before disconnecting your device from your computer. Even if you are not transfering any files at all.

Dec 24, 2015 7:45 AM in response to ctt36

I was having the same issue, i am using OS Windows 10 with an iPhone 5S(iOS 9.2), so what i had to do was utilize the windows photo viewer app to import the photos. When i tried to open the photos directly from the iPhone DCIM folder it told me that the format wasn't supported, so I made sure iTunes was closed out then reselected the import function on the windows photo viewer app, and it imported all 800+ photos no issues under 5 minutes.

hope this helps!!!

I got this message when saving photo from Iphone4s to my laptop's folder. "The device attached to the system is not functioning" What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.