Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rMBP 15" with a terrible display performance when using discrete display card

My Macbook Pro w/ Retina 15” is 2013 late high-end version and the display resolution setting is under ”Best(Retina)”.

Recently, I installed an application which allows user to switch between integrated(Iris Pro) and discrete graphic card(nvidia GT750M) called “gfxCardStatus” on my laptop, however after installing it, I found out a weird phenomenon as following:

when I use “Google chrome” to browse website under integrated display chip(Iris Pro), everything is FINE, but when I switched to discrete graphic card, the display performance became very slow especially when scrolling page up and down, and the reaction of whole display lag and seems like been sliced. It’s very obvious when focusing on the letters.

The situation mentioned above only exists under Google Chrome, not Safari.

One of my friends having rMBP 15” 2012(with nvidia GT650M) doesn’t have this problem.

Someone suggested me install Cuda driver for Mac from nvidia official website which could improve this problem, unfortunately I tried it but it’s useless for me.

Does anyone have this issue and any tip to solve it before visiting Genius Bar?

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 11:10 PM

There are no replies.

rMBP 15" with a terrible display performance when using discrete display card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.