Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deactivating mobile data for App Store and ITunes Store not possible

I tried to disable mobile data for the App Store and the ITunes Store via Preferences > Mobile Data. Both are resetted to "Active" as soon as I leave the preferences.

Background for my wish to disable the mobile data for the two stores is, that the Itunes Store created massive data usage in one month so that I reached my data limit. I can't find the reason for that since mobile data for ITunes Match is disabled and also auto downloads for music, apps etc.

I've already rebooted my IPhone several times, but that didn't change the auto reset of the mobile data settings.

Cheers

Dan

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 2:05 AM

5 replies

Mar 27, 2014 2:23 AM in response to DanVman

Have you tried using the restrictions option in the settings, general, restrictions?

Try to diable the itunes store and installing apps and deleting apps and also in-app purchases, this will actually hide the itunes app and appstore app all together, im not sure if data will still be used through itunes and app store once they are disabled but its worth a try to see if your data usage changes any.

Message was edited by: rojas01420

Deactivating mobile data for App Store and ITunes Store not possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.