Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 won't start stuck on apple logo

Suddenly my 19 month ol iphone 5 won't start and stuck on apple logo I tried hard restart holding upper left key and home button at same time , DFU mode , charging etc. but it just keeps restarting even though I don't touch it and shows blue/gray screen with and without logo. Any help would be really appriciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 5:50 AM

Did you try this:

Turn your phone off and connect your cable to the computer, but not the device just yet. Start up iTunes. Now, hold down the home button on your phone and plug it in to the cable - don't let go of the button until iTunes tells you it's detected a phone in recovery mode. Now you can restore to factory settings.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2014 5:50 AM in response to NotSoHappyUser

Did you try this:

Turn your phone off and connect your cable to the computer, but not the device just yet. Start up iTunes. Now, hold down the home button on your phone and plug it in to the cable - don't let go of the button until iTunes tells you it's detected a phone in recovery mode. Now you can restore to factory settings.

Mar 26, 2015 10:25 AM in response to AmishCake

My husband's iPhone 5S was stuck on the Apple logo screen, too. It was the first time he had turned off his iPhone following the iOS 8.2 update. I followed the instructions elsewhere on this site to update or restore with iTunes, using this link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

I did not restore it because the phone belongs to his employer. Now, someone in his office who handles the phones (and knows so little about Apple products that she thought the only difference between an iPhone 5C and 5S was the colors!) claims that it was my attempt to update that fried the phone. Is that actually possible? The phone was unchanged after I did the update. Thanks.

Iphone 5 won't start stuck on apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.