Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad was having problems opening viewers, but I learned to power it off and wait about a minute and turn it back on and it rests the issue, do you have any other ways or ifs this the best it worked pretty good this time, but if it happens again

My Ipad has trouble opening setting tab and safari, it opens abd before you can enter anything the iPad shuts it down to the home screen, I mainly use my ipad for the internet or emails, I know the internet works because I still receive emails on it. Please help me out here.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, settings tab wont open as well we

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 3:19 AM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2014 4:02 AM in response to Mallie64

Try clearing Safari, close all apps and reset the iPad.

Go to Settings>Safari>Clear Cookies and Data.

Tap the home button once. Then tap the home button twice and the recents tray will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button twice.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

my ipad was having problems opening viewers, but I learned to power it off and wait about a minute and turn it back on and it rests the issue, do you have any other ways or ifs this the best it worked pretty good this time, but if it happens again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.