Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any Help, Thoughts or Ideas!

Hello Anybody,

I originally downloaded the Maverick 10.9.2 in December 2013 and I did not have any problems with the Internet. I have moved, since then and I'm having trouble with my Internet connection. I have gone through all the troubleshooting with the Internet provider, even recieveing a new modem. They did everything on their end they could. I then contacted Apple support who was very prompt to try and solve the problem. Here's a list of the troubleshooting that we did:

1. checked the connection
  2. checked the hardware
  3. removed some files via (Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist,.../preference s.plist.
  4. Reboot Recovery HD
  5. Reinstall Mavericks

Since the last one took 8 hours-- Tech support last suggestion was to install back to Snow Leopard, since then I have narrowed it down (in my best definition–duct-taping the software) I am online for one website then I hit the (Renew DHCP lease) button and I'm back online. I've even been able to watch movies by just keep hitting the (Renew DHCP lease) button.

I would really hate to have to uninstall Mavericks and reinstall Snow Leopard just for something like hitting the Renew DHCP lease button if anybody has any ideas on how I could work on solving this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

THANK YOU!!

JIMMYAPPLESEED

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 8:25 AM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2014 7:00 AM in response to Detlef Kretschmer

Thank you for the reply,

My airport is on and detects the router but says that there is a connection error, I don't use the wi-Fi I use ethernet. I tried to go into airport utility but it says it does not detect a network connection – unless I have the system preferences window open in advanced and I hit the "renew DHCP lease" button. Then the Internet light turns to green and it just searches and searches and searches. When I open airport utility says at the bottom new airport base stations haven't been found, Will continue searching, I tried doing this to change the lease to xxxxx days. because in another discussion I saw that someone gave this as a option but I can't even get to that point.

Any Help, Thoughts or Ideas!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.