Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does iphoto support uploading videos to icloud?

I am having difficulty uploading my videos to icloud via my mac. I can only see my photos on my Ipad despite it having IOS7. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 8:41 AM

7 replies

Mar 27, 2014 9:17 AM in response to MMQC0

From the link I posted

What do I need to be able to add videos to a shared stream?

To add videos to a shared stream, you need an iCloud account, a compatible device, and up-to-date software:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7.0 or later
  • Mac with OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later and either iPhoto 9.5 or Aperture 3.5
  • PC with Windows 7 or later and iCloud Control Panel 3.0 or later

SInce you do not have the required software versions you can not use the feature

LN

Mar 27, 2014 9:27 AM in response to MMQC0

No - you need to update both the OS and iPhoto (iPhoto '11 version 9.5.x as required will not run on OS X 10.8.5 so you do not have the correct version of either the OS or of iPhoto

backup your system and upgrade to mavericks (OS X 10.9.2) in the App store (a free upgreade) and then after upgrading to Mavericks update iPhoto to version 9.5.1 from the App store (the update is free to iPhoto '11 owners)

LN

does iphoto support uploading videos to icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.