Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spy ware? Malware?Help please!

hey guys, so i recently downloaded battery doctor on my iphone 5c, and while going through it, i saw that there was a chinese application installed on my phone which seems to be hidden. Is this a malware or spyware of some sort? How do i get rid of it?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 8:46 AM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2014 4:53 AM in response to brendy_007

In what way is this application "hidden?" There's no way to actually hide apps on an iPhone, so this has me wondering if you have jailbroken the phone. If you did, anything is possible, including a malware infection of some kind.

If you didn't jailbreak it, there is no known malware capable of infecting your iPhone. So in this case, whatever is going on is not malware.

Mar 30, 2014 11:12 AM in response to brendy_007

I would question anything that this Battery Doctor app is telling you. I note that that app makes some impossible claims. For example, it claims to be able to look for "junk files," yet the sandobxing in iOS means that it can't look at any files other than its own and specific documents that you explicitly share with it. That's a bogus claim.

Go to the Settings app and navigate to General -> Usage. A list of apps will appear under Storage... scroll down and tap Show All Apps at the bottom of the list, if it appears there. Do you see this Chinese app in that list? If so, what is its exact name?

The fact is, if your phone has not been jailbroken, it's not possible for there to be a hidden application on it. If you think it may have been jailbroken by someone else with access to the device, then you should restore it to factory settings:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Spy ware? Malware?Help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.