Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you tell the date of a picture someone texted you

Someone texted me a picture last night that they told me they had just taken. I know they're lying, but I don't know how to prove it. Is it possible to get date/time information from a photo someone sent you? It was sent from one Iphone to another.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 10:15 AM

Check back on the OP's question. She knows when it was sent, she is trying to see when the picture was taken, which is what the EXIF data would provide.

5 replies

Mar 27, 2014 10:13 AM in response to melissanoel

In the text thread, place your finger on the right side of the screen and slide it left. This should shift the conversation to the left and show you the date/time for all the messages on the screen. This also shows me the same information for photos sent through the messages app. This is probably more accurate than looking at the EXIF data embedded in the photo, since that would show you when the photo was taken, not sent to you.

Mar 27, 2014 10:17 AM in response to GeekBoy.from.Illinois

GeekBoy.from.Illinois wrote:

This is probably more accurate than looking at the EXIF data embedded in the photo, since that would show you when the photo was taken, not sent to you.

Except, of course, the OP specifically wants to know when the phone was taken.

And, of course, this assumes that the EXIF data was not edited. 😉

Can you tell the date of a picture someone texted you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.