Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 4 command line -in and -out points

I'm trying to use Compressor 4.1 command line interface to compress various video clips. While I can compress an entire file, start to end, without issue, I can't figure out how to compress a subset of the source file by setting in and out points. The -help information states I can set -in <hh:mm:ss;ff> and -out <hh:mm:ss;ff> parameters except they seem to have no effect as Compressor compresses the full file. Has anyone been able to specify -in and -out parameters successfully? If so, can you please share the appropriate syntax?

FWIW: here is the sytax for command that I've been using to compress 2 seconds of source video:

/applications/Compressor.app/Contents/MacOS/compressor -batchname sampleBatch -jobpath /Shows/filename_HD.mov -settingpath /Settings/480pProxy.cmprstng -locationpath /Clips/clipName_HD.mov -in 00:00:04;00 -out 00:00:06;00

OSX 10.9.2, Compressor 4.1 and Compressor 4.1.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 3:24 PM

You have to use quotation marks around the in an out points because of the semi colon.

/Applications/Compressor.app/Contents/MacOS/Compressor -batchname "In and Out Example" -jobpath /Shows/filename_HD.mov -settingpath /Settings/480pProxy.cmprstng -locationpath /Clips/clipName_HD.mov -in "00:00:04;00" -out "00:00:06;00"

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2014 3:24 PM in response to Beachfront

You have to use quotation marks around the in an out points because of the semi colon.

/Applications/Compressor.app/Contents/MacOS/Compressor -batchname "In and Out Example" -jobpath /Shows/filename_HD.mov -settingpath /Settings/480pProxy.cmprstng -locationpath /Clips/clipName_HD.mov -in "00:00:04;00" -out "00:00:06;00"

Compressor 4 command line -in and -out points

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.