Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My songs upload from PC then in car nothing.

I uploaded music to my ipod shuffle 4th generation, listened to it ater with headphones and all the songs were there including the autofill, once I plug it in the car none of my songs are there. Even when I restore the ipod and start over the same songs still come back and still not mine.

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 1:47 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2014 3:00 PM in response to nweiss2009

If you are connecting the shuffle to the USB port in a car audio system, it is using the shuffle as a storage device with song files on it (like you connected a USB flash drive with song files). Whether it works or not depends on whether the car audio system can access a shuffle and find its song files. You'll need to consult the documentation for the car audio system to get a list of compatible devices.

OR, you can buy an inexpensive USB flash drive, fill it with song files, and use that with your car (just leave it connected instead of constantly connecting and disconnecting your iPod). Here's one for about $10 with four times the storage of a shuffle, that barely sticks out of the USB port

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/SanDisk/SDCZ33008G/

Mar 27, 2014 5:05 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Sorry, maybe I don't understand. How does it just store music? I upload from iTunes my songs sync them do autofill. When done, I eject as directed then listen with my headphones and the songs I manually added are there. Then I take the cable it comes with put in the USB part of the car a 2013 car but the songs I manually uploaded are not there.

I even restored it to factory, start over and the same songs are back on it.

Mar 27, 2014 5:15 PM in response to nweiss2009

The song files are still on your shuffle when you connect it to the car audio system. However, if the car audio system does not know how to access an iPod shuffle to read its song files, it will not be able to play the songs on the iPod. (The car audio system is doing the music playing, not the iPod.) You'll need to find out (from the manual or tech support for the car audio system) what devices are compatible when connected to that USB port.

My songs upload from PC then in car nothing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.