Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove messages from my notification centre? If I remove it in system preferences when I reboot it is back.

Hello,

I have gone through the process described on many websites, where as you go to system preferences>notifications and grab and move the Share Button for Messages from "In Notification Center" to "Not In Notification Center" but everytime I restart or reboot after the Share Button for Messages is back in the "In Notification Center" area. How do I stop this?

dofromon

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 1:00 AM

I have solved my own question here. For others that may want the answer it is;

The problem lies with iCloud and Notifaction Centre being linked. If you have difficulty removing something from Notification Centre look if it is checked in the check box of your iCloud Preferences.

3 replies

Oct 20, 2014 5:05 PM in response to Jan Teurlings

Hello Jan,

You are right there are no settings for Notification Center but if for instance you do not want Reminder updates to be shown through Notification Center then you need to de-select it from iCloud Preferences. I am unsure about Yosemite but I know in Mavericks they are linked. Check your other posting to the question v1ct0r had and there I have put a more elaborate answer. Notification Centre does not Remember Settings

dofromon

how do i remove messages from my notification centre? If I remove it in system preferences when I reboot it is back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.