Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set up my replacement iPhone as new and then later plug it into iTunes and restore all my data?

Today, I got a replacement iPhone 5 from apple as my old one had stopped working. After turning the phone on and setting up the language etc, it asks me to either 'set up as new iPhone' or 'Restore from iTunes backup'. I want to restore my data from my iTunes however I am not able to get access to my laptop for at least another week and I need my phone now. If I choose 'set up as new iPhone' now so I am able to have a functioning phone, will I be able to restore from iTunes when I next have access to my laptop? Or does restoring it as new mean that I will not be able to restore my data and settings in the future? Thanks.

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 2:02 PM

Set up as New now, or set up from iCloud back up if you have this. Then you can Restore from Back Up on iTunes at a later time.

1 reply

Can I set up my replacement iPhone as new and then later plug it into iTunes and restore all my data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.