Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use the personal hotspot on my iphone without switchin on my cellular data ?

I wish to create a hotspot but it asks me to first switch on my cellular data.

Cant I create a hotspot without turning on my cellular data ?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 3:00 PM

clearly they are trying to create a hotspot from a wifi internet connection but don't want to use cellular.

Perhaps it's the only device that can connect ( ie Hotel wifi)

anyone know how?

20 replies

Mar 14, 2017 9:23 AM in response to DMFD305

I see 2 uses for this.

Regardless... this feature does not exist in iOS. You can't re-share wifi.

This community is not a place to debate "what-ifs" and "heres-whys".

Out of the box thinking has its place. This isn't it.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

And being offended on someone's behalf on a 3 year old thread is not really helpful. They got their straight answer.

Mar 14, 2017 6:34 AM in response to stedman1

I see 2 uses for this. 1. I am not able to connect to

A wifi with my laptop and can with my Iphone. I can connect to

my hotspot so this would pass me through so I could use my laptop instead of this little keypad without wasting my data plan. 2. I could use it as a range extender, though a crude one I could at least keep a solid weak signal. This is not my post, but instead of all the snide remarks would have been better to give a straight answer, some people think outside the box instead of being locked in one.

Sep 12, 2014 3:43 PM in response to thickbeard

thickbeard wrote:

clearly they are trying to create a hotspot from a wifi internet connection but don't want to use cellular.

Perhaps it's the only device that can connect ( ie Hotel wifi)

If the iPhone can connect to the wifi, the computer can connect to the wifi.

Why use the iPhone to connect to wifi then connect the computer to the iPhone via wifi to get the computer onto hotel wifi?

Jun 16, 2015 11:26 AM in response to Ninadvats

There is no way you can route wifi from iphone. You can easily do it with a mac through a third Party application (as routing it from a wifi is a bit complecated process )or using a windows . For windows its connetify me through which u can create hotspot.

SO your pc would be connected to wifi and you can route connection to diff. Devices through your PC. 🙂

Can i use the personal hotspot on my iphone without switchin on my cellular data ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.