Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone who can help me please. I have a Ipod Shuffle 4th generation and it gives me a red light and i cant use it. What i have to do?

It give me red light for 3 seconds and Itunes and my computer dont reconize my ipod and i dont know what to do

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 2:28 PM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2014 3:37 PM in response to MaxiMaresca

Did this shuffle previously work with this computer, and does not now for some reason? Or is this the first time you are using this shuffle with this computer?

If the computer is a laptop, connect its power adapter, so that it is not running on battery power.

As as test, shut down (power off) the computer, and disconnect all USB devices (you can leave standard keyboard/mouse connected if used). Do this to Reset the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1655

Start up the computer, run iTunes, and connect the shuffle to a direct USB port on the computer, by itself.

Mar 30, 2014 3:44 PM in response to DragonFighter

I think you've ruled out a problem on the USB port, since you did the test I described, and also tried it on a Mac. It's possible that the USB docking cable is faulty, but since you at least get that red light, it is probably OK. Make sure the plug on the docking cable is completely inserted into the shuffle's headphones jack.

Since it's only one month old and under warranty for one year from purchase date, if there's an Apple Store nearby, you can make an appointment at the store's Genius Bar. Take your shuffle there, with your docking cable.

If there is no conveniently located Apple Store, you can contact Apple (official) tech support using the Contact Us link at the bottom right corner of this web page.

Someone who can help me please. I have a Ipod Shuffle 4th generation and it gives me a red light and i cant use it. What i have to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.