Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod detected but could not be recognised

I have an Ipod nano 6th generation and recently when i updated my PC to Windows 8.1 i have not been able to connect my ipod.

The error i get is:

Ipod is detected but can not be identified please disconnect and reconnect the ipod, then try again"

Of course i have done that about 50 times, i have updated itunes to the newest version, ive been through all the troubleshoot and nothing has worked?

Is anybody also having this problem and is there a solution?

Thank you all answers will be greatly recieved

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 3:21 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2014 2:23 PM in response to jjfc

i have updated itunes to the newest version, ive been through all the troubleshoot and nothing has worked?

Doublechecking. Have you tried a complete uninstall of both iTunes and all the other related software components (Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Application Support, etc ...) and then a reinstall? If not, try the instructions from the following document:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Ipod detected but could not be recognised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.