Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Existing connection is not authenticated: password change denied"

Has anyone received error "Existing connection is not authenticated: password change denied" when creating network users on a new installation? I just did a brand new installation of Mavericks on my mac mini yesterday March 27, 2014, installed the server app, setup Open Directory as a Master. All was done step by step following the Server Essentials 10.9 book, however, once I get to the chapter about adding network users I get the error above. After a few quick searches on the ol' goog' I found that many people were having this problem when they were migrating but I haven't seen anything for new installations. The fix about rekerberizing isn't applicable because this wasn't a migration.

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 12:58 PM

I completely formatted the drive and started over with another fresh install, this time I haven't had any issues creating network users whatsoever.

1 reply

"Existing connection is not authenticated: password change denied"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.