Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync problem itunes 11.1.5.5 iphone 5 Version 7.1 (11D167) Windows 7 Home premium Outlook 2010 contacts calendar

I'm no longer able to sync contacts, calendar or notes from my computer's Outlook using iTunes. For a while I was getting a message that the server could not be reached for resolving conflicts - probably got that message every sync for a month or so and just ignored it. Then I followed online instructions for dealing with that problem and renamed the file conflicts.syncconflict. The instructions suggested that this would cause creation of a new conflicts.synconflict file, which it did. But then the sync just seemed to hang on the contacts portion of syncing, even if I left it for a couple of hours. So I renamed the old file back to conflicts.synconflict.

Now sync doesn't work at all for me if I try to sync any of Outlook contacts, calendar or notes. If I disable all those, the sync works for things like apps, etc.

I have already tried:

checking latest version of iPhone software

in iTunes, clicking edit / preferences/ devices / reset sync history (not sure whether this button really does anything or not)

using outlook's scanpst.exe to check for corruption of my main outlook files and most of my ancillary folders

resetting the iPhone (pressing the button upper right and the circular button at the bottom for several seconds)

trying the sync after rebooting the computer and not turning on Outlook in the interim

The present symptom is that the attempted sync just hangs on the syncing contacts stage, and won't complete. I can cancel the sync, but I can't complete it (unless I uncheck syncing with all the Outlook data). I'm not getting any error message.

This is what I'm using:

iPhone 5

iTunes version 11.1.5.5

iPhone software Version 7.1 (11D167)

Windows 7 Home premium

Outlook 2010

Asus G74SX computer

It is March 27, 2014.

Suggestions welcome. I'd like to be able to sync my contacts and calendar.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 4:54 PM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2014 3:41 AM in response to SteveAppleCommunities

First to resolve the synch error, I chose to "replace information on this iPhone" checking Calendars under the Info tab. This will force outlook calendar to override all entries on the iphone. If you have any entries on the iphone not in outlook they will be lost, so make sure you have all you appointments in outlook first.

This made the sync server error go away but after the sync ran I still couldn't see my outlook appointments on the iphone.

Was starting to drive me insane and then I clicked on 'Calendars' at the bottom of the calendar screen on the iphone and found that "From my PC' was unchecked. I checked this and then my outlook synched calendars became visible on the iphone.

My specs

iPhone 4

iTunes version 11.1.5.5

iPhone software Version 7.1 (11D167)

Windows 7 Home premium

Outlook 2010

Hope this works for you.

Jan 7, 2015 6:02 AM in response to SteveAppleCommunities

Hey Steve,

I had this problem as well and found a way how to solve this:

You need to reset your iPhone by pressing the Home button and the Power button simultaneously until the iPhone reboots.

After it rebooted I unlocked the phone, connected it to my PC and ran the iTunes sync without any problems.

Hope this helps with your issue as well.

Best

Alex

sync problem itunes 11.1.5.5 iphone 5 Version 7.1 (11D167) Windows 7 Home premium Outlook 2010 contacts calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.