Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DHCP Relay Server

Has anyone successfully setup Server 2.2.2 to hand out IP addresses on multiple subnets? I have several VLANs and I'd like to have the server handout the addresses so I can manage them all from a single spot.

My router has a DHCP relay option so I've told it to forward DHCP requests to the server. I setup the subnets I have in the Server App and started the service. When I have a client make a DHCP request, the log shows that it recieves the request and makes an offer but the offer never makes it to the client. The server is handing out addresses in the proper subnets but for some reason the client does not recieve the offer.

In wireshark, this is what I see:

Src: 10.33.1.254 --> Dst: 10.33.1.16 --> DHCP Request

Src: 10.33.1.16 --> Dst: 10.33.110.254 --> DHCP Offer

10.33.1.254 is the router on VLAN1 and 10.33.110.254 is the router on VLAN380 (where the client is). The server is offering addresses in the 10.33.110.0 subnet like I want it to. Do I have a misconfiguration in the server or the router?

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 5:31 PM

There are no replies.

DHCP Relay Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.