Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto won't open since last update V9.5.1

My iPhoto won't open since the latest update (V9.5.1) was installed. I do not get any error message, the icon bounces a couple times and then nothing happens. I've tried the following solutions found in other forums:

-Using "iPhoto Library Manager" to rebuild library and repair iPhoto, did not work because "iPhoto failed to open"

-Removing the file iPhotoLock.data from Finder>Pictures>Right Click iPhoto Library>Show Package Contents, this also did nothing.

I can't find any other solution and I'm worried that I may lose my pictures (over 20GB of pics).

Is someone else having similar issues?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 7:04 PM

10 replies

Mar 28, 2014 9:08 AM in response to LarryHN

How would I go about backing up my photos before doing that? I'm worried of losing them all and I have over 4000. I stated in my original message that I have the most current version of iPhoto, iPhoto '11 V9.5.1. Is there a way to reverse the update because I had no problems with it until the update was done automatically. I can confirm that the last modification to iPhoto on my computer is the same date and time as when the update was made.

Like I said, I get no error message, no odd icon, nothing. The icon bounces in the tray and then nothing happens.

Mar 28, 2014 9:18 AM in response to ES89

You don't always have a good current backup? Without one you are 100% guarenteed to lose everything including your photos sooner or later - things do fail - Time Machine is included on yur Mac - use it - you eed a large external hard drive that is formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) - once set up it is automatic and will save you when things go South

For now all you need is a copy of the iPhoto library

I stated in my original message that I have the most current version of iPhoto, iPhoto '11 V9.5.1. Is there a way to reverse the update because I had no problems with it until the update was done automatically.

Yes - but since things are not wroking ti is important to verify facts - not work on assumptions

No - you can not "undo the update" easily but you can fix things

LN

iPhoto won't open since last update V9.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.