Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset password If you lost two or more of the required sign-in items

I open the stock Mail app on my iPhone, it informs me that my passwod is incorrect.... odd... so I type it in again, no success. I then attempt to reset it however I'm informed 2-Step verification is on, now I completly understand:

"As noted above, two-step verification requires at least two of the items below to sign in successfully:

• Your Apple ID password
  • Access to one of your trusted devices
  • Your Recovery Key

If you have permanently lost any two of these items, you will not be able to sign in or regain access to your account. You will need to create a new Apple ID."

However I can scan my Drivers lisense or Social security card or anything else to prove my idenity. I need my password reset.

I could even take my iPad, iMac, iPhone, MacBook Pro, and even my Apple TV into a store to physically verify all my devices were signed in previously.

Otherwise, since my iPhone and iPad are set up with Find My iPhone, I won't be able to restore them if need be.

I did talk to Apple Care on the phone, very useless "Ohh yea that does suck" Ok... well fix it.

Someone Please Help.

iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 6:42 PM

9 replies

Mar 28, 2014 1:41 AM in response to newmanator90

I'm afraid you are stuck. When you set up two-step verification you were warned that if you lost two of the three items Apple would not be able to assist you and you would be permanently locked out. If it were possible to sidestep it in the manner you suggest there would be no point in having it in the first place. I'm sorry to tell you that you are permanently locked out of your ID unless you can find one of the missing items.

Mar 28, 2014 2:58 PM in response to newmanator90

It's difficult to see how it could have been turned on by itself, and enabling it isn't really the sort of thing you could do by accident without realising it, so it's something of a mystery how you got into this fix.

Notwithstanding, if it really has been turned on somehow, and you don't have two of the three items listed, Apple simply do not have the ability to assist you. The page you quote from goes on to say:

In addition, with two-step verification turned on, only you can reset your password, manage your trusted devices, or create a new recovery key.

Apple Support can help you with other aspects of your service, but they will not be able to update or recover these three things on your behalf."

I sympathize with your frustration but I'm afraid the only option available to you is to create a new Apple ID.

Reset password If you lost two or more of the required sign-in items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.