Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i save all my photos in iPhoto to a USB?

How do I save and transfer all my photos in iPhoto to a USB?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 9:27 PM

Do you want to save the photos or your complete iPhoto Library?

To backup the library on an USB thumbsdrive, select it in the Finder and drag it to the icon of the thumbsdrive. Only make sure, the drive is formatted correctly. By default it will be formatted for windows systems and not MacOS Extended (Journaled) as required for photo libraries, see: Format external drives to Mac OS Extended before using with Aperture or iPhoto.

See this User Tip: iPhoto and File Management

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2014 9:27 PM in response to Annamariafromwa

Do you want to save the photos or your complete iPhoto Library?

To backup the library on an USB thumbsdrive, select it in the Finder and drag it to the icon of the thumbsdrive. Only make sure, the drive is formatted correctly. By default it will be formatted for windows systems and not MacOS Extended (Journaled) as required for photo libraries, see: Format external drives to Mac OS Extended before using with Aperture or iPhoto.

See this User Tip: iPhoto and File Management

Oct 30, 2014 1:20 AM in response to Annamariafromwa

Firstly you need to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, then you can tranfer them to USB just like you transfer other data from pc to USB. For Windows, navigate to My Computer, where there will be something that says "Yourname's Iphone". Open it up and keep moving through the files until you get to the "DCIM" folder. This is where your photos will be. From here, you can just copy and paste the photo files into your destination folder.

how do i save all my photos in iPhoto to a USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.