Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp partition running out of space

am running windows 7 primarily for two games. running out of space on the partition. i don't know enough about windows to know what can be deleted. caches? i have no files other than the game files. a few email messages, but they can't amount to much. some direction would be appreciated.

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 7:15 PM

30 replies

Mar 27, 2014 7:58 PM in response to turbostar

Yes, I do mean that. I have only three games installed and have not downloaded or installed anything in years. I have shut the computer down for the night. I will check on the other things in the morning. I seem to recall that there is some threshold for partition size after which something more complicated had to be done, but it has been a long time, so I am unsure. I think the partition is around 35G.

Mar 27, 2014 8:28 PM in response to Forrest Jerome1

you can try a few things but you really need a much larger parition if you're gaming

how much ram do you have? if at least 8gb, you should try disabling hiberation and the pagefile (google for both); others will tell you to leave the pagefile at 1gb, you can, but i haven't had any issues disabling both on over 20 machines since 2008.

even if you disable both of these, a 35-40gb partition is too small for gaming. i'd target 60-100gb depending on how large of a HD you have

bootcamp partition running out of space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.