Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird white dots appearing in menu

Hello everyone,

I just noticed today that everytime I open the menu up top and rollover a button, white dots appear. Each time I rollover, the dots change position. For example, if I roll over a selection, there are a lot of dots, and sometimes there aren't a lot of dots. It appear to only show when I roll over a selection in the menus up top or in the system preferences menu. They are sometime black dots too. It does not appear anywhere else, so I don't think they are dead pixels. I have turned off the translucent effect too, btu that did not fix it.

I added three photos for examples.

Two images show two different times I rolled over the same selection and the dots changed, and one image is in the system preferences as another example.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 9:08 PM

There are no replies.

Weird white dots appearing in menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.