Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete emails in bulk?

delete emails in bulk? HOW

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 9:07 PM

9 replies

Mar 28, 2014 9:33 AM in response to MRCOWELL

To delete from the device:

1. Open up the inbox that you want to delete from and choose edit

2. Select only the first message and you will see the "move" option appear on the bottom

3. Press and hold "move" and uncheck the message you selected, then release all buttons. You will see your mailbox folder options

4. Select the "trash" folder. This will delete all selected messages.

Aug 11, 2014 10:06 AM in response to Sallymw

It is many years overdue that Apple software writers fix this annoying issue. Just this Friday, I left my phone off until Sunday morning. There were 212 messages in my mailbox. I had to hunt and peck like a circus animal through hoops to eliminate them all. This happens all day, every day. These are the same messages on my home computer and laptop which can be eliminated by highlighting all and deleting. It's pointless and insane, as well as laziness on Apple's part. I don't care how others need to hold on to or delete their info, at least allow the user to eliminate emails in chunks without having to tap hundreds of times like we're non-paying children.

delete emails in bulk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.