Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 13 inch primo 2011 very unresponsive after ssd upgrade

After upgrading my regular harddrive in my mac my computer has become very very very unresponsive. It is completely unuseable, but I can still use it... It just takes several minutes´to load a program and to boot it is no different? I cloned my old 320 gb to my new samsung 840 evo 250 gb by first partitioning the old one to fit the new. (and ofcause formatting the new one with disk utility to work with the computer) Then cloning the old one to the new using a usb to sata cable.

Can anyone help me? Can it be that the connection is loose? my old drive worked just fine, Ijust wanted the extra speed of an ssd.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 1:41 AM

5 replies

Mar 28, 2014 1:50 AM in response to Emil Dokkedal Johnsen

If the SSD performs well when it's connected as an external, you may have an issue with the SATA cable. An SSD is much more demanding than an HD, so a marginal cable often has problems when an HD is added to the system. This is a pretty common point of failure on MBP's, particularly on some models. The 2009's were very susceptible to this, but it's not uncommon with other years.

Macbook pro 13 inch primo 2011 very unresponsive after ssd upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.