Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Photos from iPads in Supervised mode (apple configurator)

I have 120 iPads deployed in carts in a school. While the camera is off - students may take screen shots. Occasionally, I would like to be able to wipe the photos in an update without having to unsupervise and then resupervise. Is there a way to do this quickly and easily? Currently the only way I find to be able to do this is to unsupervise the iPads and then resupervise them.

iPad

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 6:06 AM

5 replies

Jul 9, 2014 6:56 PM in response to M Jellings

I don't believe there is a specific one-off 'delete all photos' on all connected devices function in Configurator. My suggestion instead of un-supervise/re-supervising, would be to Refresh all connected devices. If you have a backup of an iPad with no photos/screenshots selected in the Restore box when you refresh, this will remove all the photos. It will also remove all other user data however, so may not be what you're after...

Cheers,
Ben

Jul 10, 2014 2:23 AM in response to Ben Mannell

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried refreshing the devices and this doesn't remove the photos. Which is a bit of a blessing in a way, as at least they can't be accidentally deleted by plugging the iPads into the mac whilst configurator is open (I've since disabled the auto-refresh by default now). However, this still leaves us in the position of having to re-supervise the devices in order to remove the photos.

I've got an issue logged with Apple's Enterprise Support team at the moment whilst they investigate. I'll update once I have more information.

Thanks,

Matt

Apr 1, 2015 9:21 AM in response to mr.tedean

What I have seemed to conclude is that if you have profiles installed and you update your device to the latest firmware, it should do an erase, but it doesn't.

I've resorted to unchecking my profiles, then running the update, and then checking the update again along with a restore. That seems to push an erase device command and they all get wiped. The apps have to be reinstalled so it takes its time, but at least all the pics are gone, and my devices all get renamed to the same screen.

What I haven't figured out is why the refresh doesn't reset the home screen wallpaper to default again. It only does the lick screen.

Deleting Photos from iPads in Supervised mode (apple configurator)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.