Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Photos in Albums

Hi folks.

I have an Archive folder, where I move expired albums. I have exported all those photos and I want to delete those photos from iPhoto altogether. How can I do this?

I've tried to select all and create a new event, then tried to delete the event, taking along with it all the photos. Didn't work.

Tried to flag said photos, then delete all the flagged photos. Didn't work.

My photos are in a library on a SAN Drobo, so it's pretty slow. Hence the reason to reduce the size of the picture archive, lots of which are pretty much useless.

Out of ideas. Can I borrow your ideas?

Cheers

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Hypercard UG!

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 6:12 AM

6 replies

Mar 28, 2014 8:04 AM in response to BioRich

Deleting photos form the iPhoto library is very simple - select a photo in an event, press the delete key and empth the iPhoto trash and the system trash

However your post raises several issues

What format is the SAN Drobo? The iPhoto library MUST be on a volume formatted Mac OS extended (jorunaled)

How is it connected toyoru Mac? It is strongly recommended that the iPhoto libreary be on a directly connected drive using a wired connection

and you are not clear on what you are doing - we only have words to communicate with sing the properly is critical

In iPhoto folders can not hold photos - folder can only hols alcums or other folders so this is not clear

have an Archive folder, where I move expired albums.

LN

Mar 28, 2014 8:27 AM in response to LarryHN

Hi there. Thanks for the reply.

Yes it's easy to get rid of individual items.

The Drobo is formatted properly. Been using it for some time. It's on the LAN, hence the SAN label (Storage Area Network). My iPhoto library is too big to properly keep it locally. Hence the SAN.

I have a folder with many albums. These albums are made up of photos from multiple events. I want to delete the photos in the albums, and not the full events.

Delete Photos in Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.