Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my passwords save with backup?

I don't remember all of the passwords saved to apps on my ipad. Apps like HBO Go, Twitter, Netflix, etc. If I back up my ipad and buy a new one and restore the new one with the back up (sorry that's a little confusing), will all of my passwords be on the new ipad

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 7:35 AM

If you have those apps set up to be included in the back up, they should. However, with third party apps, there is no guarantee. I would strongly suggest you make a record of the login credentials before you do the restore.

5 replies

Mar 28, 2014 7:44 AM in response to thorley papay

There is no settings speciufically for passwords,. they are either included with the apps data, or not, depending on design of the app. Best design practice would dictate they should be, but not every developer follows best practice.

To ensure the apps in question are included in the back up:

Settings app > iCloud > Storage & Back up >MAnage Storage > [select the back up] > Show All Apps [to see the settings for all of your apps] > [turn any app you wish to be included in the back up ON]

The above assumes you are using icloud for back up, but there should be a similar settings in iTunes on your computer if you syncing.

Will my passwords save with backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.