Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing Nvidia GeForce GT 120 fan

Hello,

The fans on a few of our Nvidia GeForce GT 120 graphics cards have stopped spinning and I was trying to find a way to replace the fan or the heatsink without replacing the entire card. I tried asking nvidia support and they told me to contact the manufacturer, which is Apple. If Apple doesn't have replacement fans is there a 3rd party fan or heatsink that will fit on this card?

Thanks

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 9:44 AM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2014 10:50 AM in response to jcucdm

Yeah, it's a hassle. this is the best I could find*. Usually, as kaz-k said, it might be easier just to replace the whole card,depending on how many you have.....

*http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-Geforce-DCV-00598-N1-HF-Fan-Heatsink-for-GeForce- GT-120-/251157601402

I'm pretty sure Apple wouldn't have replacement fans. You could try taking it to an independent PC store and trying your luck there. Apple's policy is this: If you bring in your Mac with a dead video card, they will replace like with like. You are not allowed to upgrade, even if you are willing to pay for it, and you will pay Apple's going rate for this card. powerbookmedic.com says $200 for this card, even though it's kinda old. Apart from some kind of aftermarket cooler or OEM fan, there's not much else I can say.....

JB

Replacing Nvidia GeForce GT 120 fan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.