Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer books from IBook on my Ipad to my laptop

I am trying to transfer IBooks to my Laptop - can anyone help

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 11:48 AM

If you connect the iPad to your computer's iTunes then you should be able to copy the contents of the iBooks app to your laptop's iTunes via the File > Devices > Transfer Purchases menu option (that should copy epubs and PDFs in the iBooks app as well as actual ibooks, as well as any other iTunes downloads which aren't currently on your laptop) - if you are using a PC and the menu options aren't showing then control-B should get them to do so.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2014 11:48 AM in response to Carolcraft8

If you connect the iPad to your computer's iTunes then you should be able to copy the contents of the iBooks app to your laptop's iTunes via the File > Devices > Transfer Purchases menu option (that should copy epubs and PDFs in the iBooks app as well as actual ibooks, as well as any other iTunes downloads which aren't currently on your laptop) - if you are using a PC and the menu options aren't showing then control-B should get them to do so.

Mar 28, 2014 1:35 PM in response to Carolcraft8

They will be in the Books part of your computer's iTunes library - if you want to know where they are stored on your computer then by default your library is stored under :

• Mac OS X: /Users/username/Music
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\
  • Windows Vista: \Users\username\Music\iTunes
  • Windows 7 and Windows 8: \Users\username\My Music\iTunes

Or you can right-click one of the books in the Books part of your library and select 'show in explorer' to be taken to it.

How do I transfer books from IBook on my Ipad to my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.