Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to plug in my new thunderbolt display into a DVI graphics card?

I have a new Mac Pro (2013) and now, a new 27" Thunderbolt display (since my 24" Cinema Display gave up the ghost three days after getting the new Mac Pro). I need to hook my new display up to my old Mac Pro to clean up the hard drive before giving it to my daughter. The old MacPro has an ATI Radeon graphics card (I think it's DVi?). Any such adapter out there?

Thunderbolt Display (27-inch), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 12:06 PM

Will not work no matter what you do, TB display can only work on machines that have thunderbolt on them

Maybe you can get into the old MP drives in target disk mode

2 replies

Mar 28, 2014 12:09 PM in response to turbostar

I was afraid of that. When I plugged my older Cinema Display monitor into the thunderbolt port on the new Mac Pro, it worked fine, for two days. Then it went black screen. Local Apple Store tells me the old display needs a new LCD panel (over $600!). I will get an older display that should work with the older Mac Pro and go from there. Thanks forgetting back to me!

I need to plug in my new thunderbolt display into a DVI graphics card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.