Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to Planet Fitness public WIFI

I am unable to connect my 2 week old iPhone 5c or my first generation iPad to the public wifi at my gym. I have tried all,the suggested resets and troubleshooting tips to no avail. The odd thing is that an employee there has the exact phone I have, but can connect just fine. Here are a few things that I have noticed on both the iPhone and iPad in this situation:

Planet fitness wifi shows up as an available network, but when I try to join it just spins and spins and never connects with the check mark.

When the wifi first shows up, there is no IP address listed. After some time, there will be an ip address, but it will be totally different than the ip address on the employees iPhone that is successfully connected.

I went into "static" and entered all the identical information with ip address, domain,etc to the employees phone. When I did that, it seemed to connect, however I was not receiving any signals even though the wifi icon was present on the phone and the planet fitness wifi was checked.

Only 1 week ago, the phone connected fine without problems. However the last 2 days in a row, both my iPad1 and iPhone 5c are having the same problem. They have rebooted their wifi system several times and that didn't help either.

I am guessing the differing ip addresses may be to blame, but why is it that an identical phone can connect, but not mine?

Advice is appreciated!

iPhone 5c

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 1:07 PM

6 replies

Mar 28, 2014 1:10 PM in response to swmorin1991

IP addresses are supposed to be unique. You can't copy the address used on another device to yours and expect it to work. That's not how TCP/IP works.

Try forgetting the network on BOTH your iPad and iPhone. When you are sure that is done, connect only one device and it should work properly. If you have iCloud keychain set up the iPad will then autoconnect as well.

Aug 8, 2014 10:53 AM in response to swmorin1991

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having this same problem at the gym with my iPhone 5c and iPad Air. Accepts the password, but just keeps doing the spinning thing and never connects. I've also tried all the resetting and what not, and cannot get it to connect. Mine also just randomly stopped working. I went to the gym for weeks and could connect my iPhone and iPad, and one day I walked in and it just wouldn't connect anymore. It connects fine everywhere else. Good to know I'm not the only one who has had this problem...

Dec 27, 2014 8:48 AM in response to swmorin1991

Im having the exact same problem. A few weeks ago it connected fine on my 5s and ever since then I can't get it to connect. It just spins forever after I enter the password. I have reset network settings and turned off a wifi location setting because with the ios8 updates people had wifi issues but even with that it didn't help. I've tried resetting my phone and still nothing. Anyone figured out what the issue is? I'm thinking its on their end because this is the only wifi I can't connect to.

Dec 27, 2014 9:01 AM in response to Capthorp

Capthorp wrote:

Im having the exact same problem. A few weeks ago it connected fine on my 5s and ever since then I can't get it to connect. It just spins forever after I enter the password. I have reset network settings and turned off a wifi location setting because with the ios8 updates people had wifi issues but even with that it didn't help. I've tried resetting my phone and still nothing. Anyone figured out what the issue is? I'm thinking its on their end because this is the only wifi I can't connect to.

Yup.

Connecting to Planet Fitness public WIFI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.