Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate notes

I'm having problems with my Notes being duplicated every time I add something to or edit a note. With each edit I get one duplicate. I had 8 of the same note in varying states of the last before I even noticed the problem. Is this a bug we have to suffer with? This is with a brand new iPhone 5S. I noticed that others have been having this same problem since 2012 with Notes both on Macs and iPhones. My iPhone 4 hadn't been doing that, but I didn't upgrade to iOS 7 until after I purchased my iPhone 5S last week. I would not have replaced the iPhone 4, but it's really lagging now from having all it's 'drawers' stuffed full after more than 3 years of service. Has anyone found a solution to the problem? I haven't synced either iPhone as yet, but I noticed that some folks thought that syncing may be causing the problem. Since it 's been occurring for 2 years, I'm a bit stumped as I originally thought it had been caused by the upgrade to iOS 7. Please help if you can.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, 64 GB

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 12:20 PM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2016 12:11 AM in response to LittleLady

Here is a message from your future, LittleLady... And nothing has changed. Two years after, we still have to live with this problem. Apple did nothing and we are now on iOS 10. I have one note that appears 5 times on my iPhone. This is a note that I edited plenty of times. I also have one note that does not appear on my iPHone, whatever deconenction trick I have tried. These duplicated and unsynced note issues are major: indeed, this is the very basic functionality one can expect from Cloud storing.

Apple, did you hear us?

Duplicate notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.