Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod and iPad Wifi download speed greatly diminished

My iPad4 and IPod Touch 5 download speed is 500KB/s and upload speed is 8Mb/s, whereas my laptop's download speed is 20MB/s. Any suggestions on how to increase my iOs devices WiFi download speed? I have tried changing DNS to the several suggested on the forum to to avail. I am using Speedtest on all three devices. I am on Comcast using their Arris TG862 Gateway.

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 1:20 PM

2 replies

Apr 3, 2014 1:59 PM in response to jason269

Jason,

Thanks for the advise,however, no joy.

I followed your instructions to the letter as if I was setting it up for the first time.

My windows laptop, ipad and iPod all get great download and upload speeds when within 6-8 feet of router/modem.

Upon moving all three outside of that range, like 10 feet down the hall, my laptop continues to perform but apple devices slow down to as low as 500kbs down but still have 7Mbs uploading. Prior the start of this situation 3 weeks ago,

I could use my ipad to stream Netflix in the garage on the other side of the house with 3 walls and a metal fire door in between.

I may be paranoid, but it seems like since the law regarding "throttling" passed, my Apple products are affected. When I use SpeedTest on my ipad, the download speed starts out at 10Mb/s then slows down to a crawl. It is like it is saying "Oh, and iOs device, let's slow it down."

This as detailed as I can get. Any further ideas?

I do have a Netgear high speed router that was replaced with the combination device provided by Comcast.

I have read about calling Comcast and requesting to be put into bridge mode. What do you think?

Thanks,

Mark

iPod and iPad Wifi download speed greatly diminished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.