Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 Music playback does not continue from last, starts random

Hi,

Anyone having this issue with music playback in the Music app? This actually started with a new phone (new to me anyway) that had iOS 7.0.6 on it when I got it. I upgraded from a 4S with 6 still on it to a 5S. Since then, whenever I play anything in Music the next time I try starting playback with my headphones it starts at a random song and begins to shuffle through the entire library.

Typically, I listed to music on my phone on my train commute to and from work. I most commonly pick a playlist (created in iTunes, generally use Smart Playlists if it matters). I listen until I make it to my desk and then use the control on my ear buds to stop playback. So if I did that in the morning, when I would do the reverse on my way home, I could stat playback from my headphones exactly where I left off. Now it just starts playing any song from the library at random. I also notice the setting that used to exist for just that, start playback from last played (or whatever it was called) is now gone as well.

To accomplish this now, I have to leave the Music app open, then access it again and press play from there. I know, not a great inconveniece, it just worked so beautifully the other way an now not so much.

The interesting thing is, to start playback where I want it to, I have to do it from Music as just explained, but I can close the app (stopping playback) then hit play on my headphones and it will restart from where it left off. Apparenrtly now there is some lenght of time for which this will not work. 9 hours (from when I get to eh office until I leave) is apparently too long, no idea how short a time will work. It used to start playback right wher I left off days later and frequently did go from Friday evening to Monday morning picking up right where I left off, without the Music app even open.

It would be awesome if someone had a fix for this or a workaround, or if Apple could either add back that setting or just fix it.

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1, Music app playback

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 2:10 PM

There are no replies.

iOS 7.1 Music playback does not continue from last, starts random

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.